Installation of Cobb Tuning SF Intake
1) Using one of the bolts that secured the factory airbox to the chassis, install the bracket for the COBB SF Intake System in the most forward facing of the two bolt holes. Do not tighten the bolt so
that it can move to properly position the housing/filter later.
2) Place the filter on the air horn end of the COBB MAF Sensor Housing and secure it using the supplied clamp.
3) Slide the COBB SF Intake/fllter assembly onto the factory intake hose and orient the intake so that the bracket mounting hole rotated down. Place the COBB SF intake so that the mounting hole
is lined up with the hole in the bracket and install the provided hardware. The flat washer should be contacting the bracket and the lock washer should be contacting the head of the bolt. Leave
the bolt somewhat loose so that you can position the intake. The coolant hoses can be either above or below the intake.
4) Install the MAF sensor into the COBB MAF Sensor Housing using the two hex-head bolts provided. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE SENSOR AS IT IS SENSITIVE AND CAN BE DAMAGED. It
can only be installed one way due to the orientation of the mounting holes. Make sure to tighten screws securely, but do not use too much torque. The sealing is done by an O-ring, so it does
not need much pressure.
5) Position the COBB SF Intake in a manner which closely matches the stock MAF sensor orientation. Assure that it does not contact the ABS system, strut tower, fender, or the wheel well. Tighten
the mounting bolts to secure the COBB SF intake into position. Tighten the clamp that secures the intake hose to the COBB SF Intake. Make sure that it is fully inserted.
6) Make sure to plug in the MAF sensor connector. It can go above or below the intake as well.
7) Connect car battery.
8) Start the engine and REV it to make sure that there is no contact between the intake and any parts of the car. If there is, reposition the intake.
9) Enjoy your new COBB Tuning SF Intake System!