- PURE Boost Tuning.
v234 calibrations and higher employ this form of simplified boost control logic.
- Dynamic Load Scaling.
COBB Tuning’s implementation of Dynamic Load Scaling allows tuning beyond the OEM limitation of 2.0 grams of Load while retaining high table resolution. The load scaling table axes are now completely customizable up to 5.0 grams of Load. Breakpoints in the load axes can be set at user defined values, allowing the tuner to increase table resolutions in areas where it is needed, and decrease table resolution in less critical areas of the table.
- Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting
Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting has been enabled for all Mazdaspeed3 / Mazda3 MPS / Mazdaspeed Axela vehicles. All calibrations are LC/FFS-ready. Launch Control limits engine RPM to a user-set value when launching to build boost and increase launch consistency. Flat-Foot Shift allows the user to maintain wide-open-throttle during gear changes, keeping partial boost between shifts and improving acceleration post-shift. These settings can be adjusted with our Accesstuner software.
- Enhanced High Speed Datalogging
Faster datalogging means more resolution in data logs, allowing users to see how the engine is behaving during high-speed and high-load conditions in greater detail.
- Using a Calibration with an intake other than the one it was designed for will cause engine damage. As such, if you choose to use an intake other than the COBB SF Intake you MUST have it properly calibrated. Regardless of what the manufacturer may suggest.
- COBB OTS mapping is NOT designed to be used with upgraded aftermarket wastegate (boost) actuators. Doing so will result in much higher than desired boost levels. Seek the help of a COBB Accesstuner professional should your Mazdaspeed3 / Mazda3 MPS / Mazdaspeed Axela fall outside of Stage configurations. They can be easily found at www.cobbtuning.com/dealers
The Mazdaspeed3 / Mazda3 MPS / Mazdaspeed Axela ECU has implemented logic that will significantly increase fueling to the engine once the DI Fuel Pressure drops below ~1600psi. This logic is intelligent by design, but also puts excessive demands on the fueling system and further forces the DI Fuel Pressure to drop well below safe or effective levels. This new logic combined with an inadequate factory Camshaft Driven Fuel Pump (CDFP) results in the following.
- Stage1 OTS Calibrations have been designed to run within the limits of the factory CDFP to remain safe.
- ALL Stage1+, Stage2 and Stage3 OTS Calibrations REQUIRE a quality aftermarket CDFP to run properly. If you have Stage2/Stage3 hardware on your vehicle and have not installed a quality aftermarket CDFP, it is highly recommended to drive gently and avoid going into boost until a quality aftermarket CDFP can be installed or serious engine damage may occur.