Real time Map Switching with Cruise Control Buttons.
- This feature enables users to switch between real-time maps. Once the appropriate v300+ calibration is flashed to the ECU via the Accessport, the end user can use the factory cruise control system to switch between two different maps. The number of available real time maps is adjustable with Accesstuner GT-R software. Custom tuned calibrations can contain up to 9 real-time switchable maps. v300+ maps included with your Accessport or downloaded from the COBB Tuning website contain three maps that are switchable in real-time. Map 0 is the performance map, map 1 is a lower boost setting, and map 2 is valet mode with lower rev limit/boost settings.
Fast Map Flashing
- Fast map flash allows users to switch between maps in 30-40 seconds compared to the full map flash which takes up to 11 minutes (initial install). Fast map flash is dynamically determined by the Accessport during change map operations and is used when applicable.
Heads-Up Display Engine Knock Warning
- Engine knock can be monitored using the factory heads-up-display. Once the knock monitoring system detects knock, the boost gauge will start flashing on the heads up display. This is adjustable through Accesstuner software. These maps provide the ability to monitor knock through the factory display. Once the knock monitoring system detects knock retard above ~2.5 degrees, the boost gauge will start flashing on the display. Indications of knock must not be ignored. Excessive knock will damage the engine. V500 maps introduced new logic for CBA and DBA ECUs which caused the boost gauge to flash constantly when the ECU enters high detonation mode (which can happen with excessive knock). The flashing rate is faster than the normal knock flash rate and further knock events will not be shown on boost gauge in high det. mode (just a constant fast flash of gauge). When ECU exits high det. mode (requires a key cycle), normal reporting of knock events will resume on gauge (until high det mode is activated again). Note: The high det. mode fast flash is a little too fast for the gauge at times and some may notice a very slight pause in the flashing at times (this is normal).
Boost Gauge Wrap-Around
- Multi. Function Display (M.F.D.) boost gauge now wraps around and displays boost in excess of 20 PSI (~150kPa). Available feature in v500+ map calibrations.
User Adjustable Launch Control (LC)
- User adjustable Launch RPM via the Accessport "Tune" menu. Launch RPM can be adjusted in increments of 100 rpm. Available feature in v600+ map calibrations.
Engine Safety Features
- Engine safety features are enabled on all performance v701+ map revisions. The COBB engine safeties look at coolant temperature, knock, oil temperature, shot term fuel trims (STFT), and put the car into a soft limp mode if any of these engine parameters go outside of a safe operating range. The safety will reset when the throttle pedal returns to below 20%. You can also view what parameter was tripped by logging the monitor - limp status (safety).