- USDM 2007-2013 Mazdaspeed3
- WM 2007-2012 Mazda3 MPS
- WM 2007-2012 Mazdaspeed Axela
- Download from the COBB Tuning Mazdaspeed3 OTS Map Database
Required Accessport Firmware:
- AP3-MAZ-002: 18.104.22.168-20281 or Greater
COBB Custom ECU Features
Maximum gains are measured as the largest gain at any single RPM point between the two plots.
- PURE Boost Tuning.
v234 calibrations and higher employ this form of simplified boost control logic.
- Dynamic Load Scaling.
COBB Tuning’s implementation of Dynamic Load Scaling allows tuning beyond the OEM limitation of 2.0 grams of Load while retaining high table resolution. The load scaling table axes are now completely customizable up to 5.0 grams of Load. Breakpoints in the load axes can be set at user defined values, allowing the tuner to increase table resolutions in areas where it is needed, and decrease table resolution in less critical areas of the table.
- Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting
Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting has been enabled for all Mazdaspeed3 / Mazda3 MPS / Mazdaspeed Axela vehicles. All calibrations are LC/FFS-ready. Launch Control limits engine RPM to a user-set value when launching to build boost and increase launch consistency. Flat-Foot Shift allows the user to maintain wide-open-throttle during gear changes, keeping partial boost between shifts and improving acceleration post-shift. These settings can be adjusted with our Accesstuner software.
- Enhanced High Speed Datalogging
Faster datalogging means more resolution in data logs, allowing users to see how the engine is behaving during high-speed and high-load conditions in greater detail.
The Mazdaspeed3 / Mazda3 MPS / Mazdaspeed Axela ECU has implemented logic that will significantly increase fueling to the engine once the DI Fuel Pressure drops below ~1600psi. This logic is intelligent by design, but also puts excessive demands on the fueling system and further forces the DI Fuel Pressure to drop well below safe or effective levels. This new logic combined with an inadequate factory Camshaft Driven Fuel Pump (CDFP) results in the following.
- Stage1 OTS Calibrations have been designed to run within the limits of the factory CDFP to remain safe.
- ALL Stage1+, Stage2 and Stage3 OTS Calibrations REQUIRE a quality aftermarket CDFP to run properly. If you have Stage2/Stage3 hardware on your vehicle and have not installed a quality aftermarket CDFP, it is highly recommended to drive gently and avoid going into boost until a quality aftermarket CDFP can be installed or serious engine damage may occur.
|Map Revision #||Notes:|
|v405||Added COBB NexGen Stage2 Maps|
|v401||Maps have been updated to eliminate unnecessary DTC suppression.|
|v260||Miscellaneous map improvements to Stage1, Stage1+ maps.|
|v250||Revised Stage 2&3 maps for improved boost control (especially in cold weather).|
|v234||Allows the adjustment of flat foot shifting and launch control RPM as well as wastegate duty cycle via the Accessport on compatible maps.|
|v233||Revised map names for staged package support.|
|v232||World Market 2009 - 2012 Mazdaspeed3 / Mazda3 MPS / Mazdaspeed Axela only. Corrected a small fueling error in the WOT fueling tables.|