862001 – Subaru Pitch Stop Mount
Congratulations on your purchase of the COBB Tuning Subaru Pitch Stop Mount! The following instructions will assist you through the installation process. Please read them BEFORE beginning the install to familiarize yourself with the steps and tools needed. If you feel you cannot properly perform this installation, we HIGHLY recommend you take the vehicle to a qualified and experienced automotive technician.
Subaru of America has issued a TSB for all 2015-2017 WRX and STI models manufactured up to June 6, 2016. This TSB encompasses a replacement pitch stop bracket as the factory one is prone to tearing and breaking free from the firewall. Inspect your mount for cracking and ensure the TSB is applied as needed prior to installing the COBB Pitch Mount otherwise it may impede your ability to have this warranty service performed. See below for a copy of the TSB release from Subaru of America.
Table of Contents
|Table of Contents|
Intercooler Removal (Optional)
While you are able to reach the pitch stop utilizing a long extension, it is oftentimes easier to remove the top mount intercooler in order to gain easier access and prevent hardware from falling down to inaccessible places.
- Park your car in a flat level area and allow it to cool off.
- Unbolt the two 12mm bolts from the bypass valve and roll the bpv forward, remove gasket as needed and ensure it doesn't drop where you can't reach it.
- Now remove the two 10mm bolts holding the PCV crossover in place.
- Loosen the throttle body coupler using a 7mm, 8mm wrench or screwdriver depending on what size yours has been replaced with over the years.
- Loosen the turbo outlet hose using the neccesary tool for your hose clamp
- Remove the 12mm bolts on either side of the intercooler holding the top mount in place.
- You should be able to pull the intercooler free from the car and set it someplace safe.
Stock Pitch Stop Removal
- Using a 14mm socket and wrench loosen off both of the nuts and bolts where the factory pitch stop attaches to the engine.
- Unbolt the firewall side of the pitch mount using the same 14mm socket.
COBB Pitch Stop Installation
- First fit the pitch stop into place with the larger end on the firewall side
- Now go ahead and put the factory bolts in place and hand tighten them, you can start with either end.
- Torque the firewall end down to 43 ft/lbs
- Torque the engine end down to 37 ft/lbs.
- Now go ahead and reinstall everything in the reverse order of removal.
- Go out and enjoy!
Main Installation Instruction Repository for Subaru Parts
Phone support available 9am to 6pm Monday-Thursday. 9am to 4pm Friday (CST)
866.922.3059Return to cobbtuning.com