COBB TUNING EWG FITTING UPGRADE KIT FOR COBB TUNING 3-PORT EBCS INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
712750: 2002-2007 WRX, 2004-2007 STI, 2004-2008 Forester XT
715750: 2008-2014 WRX, 2004-2021 STi (Sedan), 2008-2014 STi (Wagon), 2009-2010 2.5GT, 2005-2013 Legacy GT, 2006-2009 Legacy GT Spec B, 2005-2009 Outback XT, 2004-2013 Forester XT
|Table of Contents|
- (1) Straight Fitting
- (3) 90 Degree Fittings
- 36" 6mm Silicone Vacuum Line
- 6 x 4" Zip/Cable Ties
- 7/16" Open End Wrench
- Blue Loctite
- Needle Nose Pliers
Important! Before beginning work, make sure the engine is cool to the touch! You will be working very near/touching the turbocharger!
Installation of COBB Tuning EWG Fitting Upgrade Kit
- Please reference the COBB Tuning 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid instructions for your specific vehicle to uninstall your EBCS.
- Once the EBCS has been uninstalled from your car, remove the current 1/8" fittings from the EBCS using a 7/16" open end wrench (offset head open end wrench recommended as shown below).
- You have been provided with three 90 degree fittings and one straight fitting. Determine which fittings you will need for your application.
- With the fittings you have selected, put blue loctite on the threads of the 1/4" fittings and install them into the EBCS using the same 7/16" wrench. Tighten the fittings until they get snug, then orient the ends as you need for your application.
- Please reference the COBB Tuning 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid instructions for your specific vehicle to reinstall your device. You have been provided with 6mm vacuum line for your EWG application. Please reference the information below for the recommended vacuum line routing.
- Enjoy the reduced response time and greater precision of your new COBB EBCS!
Remember! You MUST properly tune for the installation of a 3-port EBCS and External Wastegate. Using an off-the-shelf tune will result in overboosting!
External Wastegate Installation
- Hook up vacuum lines as outlined below.
- Port 1 is T-ed to the bottom port on the external wastegate (not on the top) and the compressor housing (boost pressure source).
- Port 2 is routed to the top port on the external wastegate.
- Port 3 is routed to the intake.
Main Installation Instruction Repository for Subaru Parts
Link to Subaru Map Notes to see what map you should be on given the parts you've added