752001 & 752002 – Part Name
Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR, FE, MR, SST 2008-2015
Congratulations on your purchase of the COBB Tuning Mitsubishi Evo X Silicone Turbo Inlet! The following instructions will assist you through the installation process. Please read them BEFORE beginning the install to familiarize yourself with the steps and tools needed. If you feel you cannot properly perform this installation, we HIGHLY recommend you take the vehicle to a qualified and experienced automotive technician.
IMPORTANT! Installing this kit will require custom tuning or utilizing an appropriate Stage Power Package map if you have a matching mechanical configuration. Please consult with COBB or an authorized ProTuner in your area if you have any questions!
Table of Contents
|Table of Contents|
Stock Inlet Removal
- Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery.
- Remove the intake duct by loosening and removing the 2 plastic philips head fasteners.
- Remove the factory airbox by removing the 10mm bolt securing the front of the airbox.
- Unplug the MAF connector by prying up on the connector carefully with a trim tool or small flat-head screwdriver.
- Using a pair of needle nose pliers remove the 2 clips securing the MAF wires to the air box.
- Loosen the 10mm hose clamp securing the intake tube to the MAF housing and remove the airbox from the engine bay.
- Now remove the stock turbo inlet tube by loosening the two 8mm hose clamps on the bypass valve, and the 10mm hose clamp on the turbo inlet. Using a pair of needlenose pliers, remove the PCV line and the small vacuum line.
- With the factory turbo inlet hose removed transfer the two vacuum line fittings from the stock inlet to the new COBB inlet hose along with all of the stock hose clamps. Sometimes using a little bit of silicone lubricant can help the fittings install more smoothly.
- Reinstall in the opposite order of removal.
- Go out and enjoy!
Phone support available 9am to 6pm Monday-Thursday. 9am to 4pm Friday (CST)866.922.3059