How To: Perform PDK Transmission Clutch Re-Learn
Table of Contents
2010-2013 Porsche 997.2 911 Turbo w / PDK Transmission
2010-2013 Porsche 997.2 911 Turbo S w/ PDK Transmission
2012-2016 Porsche 911.1 NA Carrera (Base, S, GTS) w/ PDK Transmission
2014-2016 Porsche 911 Turbo and Turbo S w/ PDK Transmission
- 2013-2016 Porsche 981 Cayman and Boxster (Base, S, GTS) w/ PDK Transmission
2009-2012 Porsche 987.2 Cayman S w/ PDK Transmission
2012 Porsche 987.2 Cayman R w/ PDK Transmission
2009-2012 Porsche 987.2 Boxster S w/ PDK Transmission
2012 Porsche 987.2 Boxster Spyder w/ PDK Transmission
2009-2012 Porsche 997.2 Carrera S w/ PDK Transmission
2009-2012 Porsche 997.2 Carrera 4 S w/ PDK Transmission
2011-2012 Porsche 997.2 Carrera GTS w/ PDK Transmission
2011-2012 Porsche 997.2 Carrera 4 GTS w/ PDK Transmission
- 2014-2016 991.1 Porsche GT3 WM
- 2016 991.1 Porsche GT3 RS WM
- 2018-2019 991.2 Porsche GT3 MT/PDK WM
- 2018-2019 991.2 Porsche GT3 RS MT/PDK WM
How To Enable
- This feature comes standard on all AP3-POR-002-PDK, AP3-POR-006-PDK, AP3-POR-007-PDK, and AP3-POR-008-PDK Accessports
When And Why To Adjust
- Performing a clutch re-learn allows the transmission to verify the location of the clutches in the transmission and how thick they are. This enables the computer to make adjustments to clutch engagement as the transmission wears over time.
- Adjusting Clutch Torque will increase clamping force and can help higher horsepower vehicles hold power more effectively and minimize slip.
- Touch Point Correction alters the point at which the clutch engages. A Clutch Re-Learn is necessary after the Accessport has programmed the car's PDK map to Stock or Stage 0, or if the shifting on the car feels hard/abrupt.
Things To Look Out For
A clutch re-learn performed when the PDK Transmission is not up to temperature (140F/60C) could cause incorrect learning points. The Clutch Re-Learn process will take 8-12 minutes (some cars may take longer), so be sure you are ready to keep your foot on the brake for the allotted time.
DO NOT BE ALARMED* The Clutch Re-Learn Process will require movement by the clutches in the vehicle. It is normal to hear noises and feel clunking during the Re-Learn time period.
Please make sure your PDK Transmission is at operating temperature (140F/60C) before performing the Clutch Re-Learn. The vehicle ignition must be "ON" motor running and PDK Transmission put into "P" park.
Steps to Use
Start up your car and let the engine temperatures reach at least 176F/80C and transmission temperatures reach 140F/60C. A short drive may be needed to bring your temps up to the minimum needed if you are starting off with a cold motor.
Go to the "Troubleshooting" menu.
Select "PDK Service."
Select "PDK Relearn."
- Verify that the ignition is in the ON position and engine is OFF. Select "Continue."
- An ECU learning reset will now be completed.
- Follow the prompt directions to complete an ignition key cycle. Once completed, select "Continue."
A series of prompts will appear that ask to make sure car is at operating temperature. Select "Continue" to proceed if the car meets these conditions. If these conditions are not met and you continue anyways, the Re-Learn will fail and you will need to repeat this process once the transmission and engine are at the appropriate temperature.
- A prompt will appear and ask to keep your foot on the brake during the relearn process. You can now depress the brake and hit "Continue." Only light pressure is needed.
- Now start the motor. A prompt will appear to ensure that the engine is running and the car is in "P" Park with the parking brake not engaged. It will be necessary to have the headlights OFF and the Air Conditioning not running. Select "Continue" to move forward if these conditions are met. **Do not touch the gas pedal during this entire process.
PDK relearn will begin. The process will take several minutes to complete (some vehicles may be around 15 or 20 minutes).
Info icon false Verify that you leave your foot on the brake during this entire time.
DO NOT BE ALARMED* The Clutch Re-Learn Process will require movement by the clutches in the vehicle. It will be totally normal to hear noises and feel clunking during the Re-Learn time period, the engine rpms may also move around.